Why Not Just Use Regular Vinyl?
- I can buy one product and use it two ways
- I use HTV more, so I have a big selection of colours and finishes to choose from.
- I find it easier to source unusual finishes such as chrome, glitter and flock in HTV rather than vinyl and they are often available in smaller sizes, such as 30cmx50cm sheets from MDP or even A4 sheets from Crafty Cutter
- No need for transfer tape as HTV comes complete with a low-tack transfer sheet. This has just the right amount of stickiness to hold the design in place but comes away easily from the card without ripping or leaving marks.
- Applying self-adhesive vinyl is a right-first-time type gig, but you can take your time aligning or moving the HTV before passing through the laminator.
Using my Liberty London Fabric Stash
Try adding dimension
Fabric with a HTV Border
I was also thinking that I could make a baby mobile, with lovely fabric shapes. I plan to cut a front and back piece and give it a nice plumpness by sandwiching a smaller piece of felt inside or maybe use some wadding. If I was using wadding, I'd maybe use a pair of straighteners instead of the laminator to nip the edges closed, like a very pretty Cornish pasty!
As my laminator is A3, I can do some nice big wall art for my hall that I'm currently decorating too :)